Friday, February 13, 2009

My head is spinning

I feel like I cant catch up with life these days. I'm barely sleeping because I keep myself awake thinking about everything I need to do. Ive worked the past 2 overnights, and then today I also had 4 hours of class...so that equals no sleep. I wish I could just go to sleep after work this morning and just sleep for an entire day! Ha.

Aside from my lack of sleep.. I have some really exciting news.
Derek and I are taking another big step in our relationship, and hoping to buy our first house! We made an appointment to walk through the house in Byron that we absolutely love, and we are in the process of getting pre-approved for a loan! I'm nervous, but excited at the same time. We have looked at a ton of houses online and this one is by far the best we've found. Derek and I both want the same things in our first house, which is great! I actually worked with someone last night that lives across the street from this house! She said its a great neighborhood and very kid friendly. We've driven by the house a couple of times, and it always seems like a pretty quiet neighborhood. We're trying not to get our hopes up just in case we're not able to get it...but its pretty hard when you find a house with everything you like.

We have also had to make some changes in our wedding party...3 months before the wedding. Jason called to tell me he is going to be deployed at the end of April. He had been overseas a few years ago but has not had to go back in the years I've known him. Now couldnt be a worse time either because he is expecting to be a dad in September :(. He is pretty upset/worried about it, and I'm really bummed that one of my closest friends wont even be able to be at my wedding. I could not imagine my life completely changing with one phone call like that and having to pick up my life and fight for the country. Needless to say, he doesnt have a choice.

And we will more than likely need to choose another groomsman as well. Dereks friend Andrew was chosen to play Arena football in Iowa (basically a step down from the NFL)..which has always been a dream of his. He just moved down there and will know very soon if he'll be able to make it to our wedding. This also bums Derek out quite a bit...since he and Andrew are best friends.

Ugh. Luckily, Derek has a lot of close friends, so the decision shouldnt be too difficult. But still.

Thats all for now...

No comments: