Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pre-approved!!

About 2 hours after filling out the pre-approval form, I woke up to a phone call from the loan officer telling us we've been pre-approved to buy a house! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, with our joined incomes we make too much to get 100% financing, so we'll have to pay a bit of a down payment. Hopefully coming up with the money wont be a problem. Its really hard to tell at this point how much we'll have available once everything is finally paid off for the wedding. I feel like I work on our budget non-stop just to make sure we save every dime possible! I wish I was that organized when it came to everything else!

Its crazy how much my life has changed in the past year. Starting a career, starting another degree, planning a wedding, buying a house. I sometimes feel like I grew up really fast, but I'm okay with that. A lot of people my age are out partying all the time, and thats just not a part of my life anymore. Although I couldve started my career much earlier if I didnt take a break from the nursing program, Im glad it worked out the way it did. I needed that time to have fun and I was not ready for all of this responsibility at that point in my life. I'm so excited for the future. Although I dont have a lot of time to do many fun things right now, I know it will all be worth it in the end. Sometimes growing up fast isnt such a bad thing.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on the pre-approval! That's awesome!

Being a "grown-up" is overrated...I miss the days of not having any responsibilities! You still have time to go back...so think long and hard before you go any further! Haha...just kidding! =-)

Jenna said...

haha thanks for the advice Andrea!! ;)