Monday, July 5, 2010

We've got a secret...

Well, the secret is out - - - I'M PREGNANT!

The last couple of months have been crazy. I have been feeling pretty crummy and I haven't had much energy, so I've been sleeping a lot! I had my first doctors appointment last week and heard baby's heartbeat for the frist time - and all I have to say is amazing! I went into the appointment ready to beg for zofran or anything that would make me feel better, and I left feeling like I was on cloud 9. =)

We are due February 2nd - and there is a lot to do before then, so we're going to be busy around here! Derek is trying to get our deck built so we can start working on our basement so we have room when baby arrives. Everyone keeps telling me the time goes super fast so we're trying to be as efficient as we can!

Its so great seeing Derek so excited to be a dad. We have always known that we wanted to be parents, but it's so crazy to think that it's actually going to happen soon! I cant wait!! I'm so happy that my sisters and I are all starting families around the same time. I never thought my kids would grow up having cousins their age, but I'm so glad it's going to happen! And now that Michelle and Dave moved closer, its going to be even better! Plus, a bunch of our really close friends have kids and a couple of them are expecting a baby around the same time as us, which is going to be even more exciting!

Life is GREAT right now! Now if only the nausea would go away...then it'll be even better! :)

No comments: