Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

I had a great Christmas this year. Even though I had to work Christmas Eve, we were still able to make it to my Grandmas house for a while. Some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were still there, so it was nice to see them. The we went to church, and then back to Rochester since Derek and I had to work in the morning. After work on Christmas day, we went to mom and dads and opened presents, ate some great food, and hung out with the family :) I got a lot of great stuff this year...a new camera, dvds, a bunch of books, clothes, scrapbook stuff, etc. It was Mara's first Christmas this year, and she was so cute opening her gifts and playing with her toys. I was amazed that she stayed awake so long and was happy the entire time. Such a cute little girl!

I missed out on the McNamara Christmas this year since I had to work, but I was thrilled to get a 12 hour EA (excused absence) on Sunday! The hospital census is very low, so there werent enough patients for all of the nurses, so some of us were able to have the day off! That meant I was able to watch the Vikings game! Derek had invited a lot of his friends over for the game, and he failed to mention that to me until I told him I was going to have the day off!! Typical guy. We had a lot of fun though, and the Vikings won! After the game, the guys played some guitar hero, and then later that evening Derek and I went to see Four Christmases! Such a good movie! We'd been wanting to see it since it came out. Yesterday was a great day! :)

Now today I'm hoping to get wedding stuff organized and maybe pick out flowers. I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff so I have a feeling I'll be giving my sisters a call at some point! ;) I know I want lilies and daisies, but I'm unsure what colors to choose. And I'm having a hard time finding anything that matches my bridesmaid dresses...apparently teal isnt a very common color for wedding decorations!! I'm off work now until Friday, so I'm hoping to get a bunch of stuff done this week. And I need to pick up my dress, order flowergirl dresses, and choose a veil as well! So much for a relaxing week off! ;)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How's the wedding planning coming along? =)