Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow, snow, go away!

I'm finally feeling better! :) I luckily only missed two nights of work, even though I've been sick since last weekend. I'm a little nervous about being at work overnight tonight with all of the snow we are supposed to get. I'm hoping I dont get snowed in! Some of the nurses said that a couple of years ago, the weather was so bad that none of the day shift people could come in, and the night nurses had to stay overtime and have twice as many people as we are usually allowed to have. YIKES. It sounds like we may only get 5 inches or so, which is better than the 6-10 inches they were talking about earlier. Sounds like the worst of it is supposed to come this weekend..when I'm supposed to be Christmas shopping! ugh. As long as we have snow for Christmas, I'm happy. It can all go away after that. I HATE snow, and I especially hate driving in it. Derek and I dont have very reliable cars for the winter either, so I avoid winter driving as much as possible. He really wants to get a truck, (along with the huge house, hot tub, and pool that he dreams of! ;) Ha! He apparently thinks we're made of money all of a sudden. A boy can dream though I suppose!

I'm getting really excited about our honeymoon now that the weather is so crappy here! Sounds like we may be going to Mexico. I have never really been anywhere fun, other than California to visit Danielle over a spring break one year. So I'm definitely looking forward to it. We've been looking a lot and have found some decent priced honeymoon packages. I let Derek be in charge of the honeymoon. I get to do all of the other wedding stuff, so thats pretty much his only job. We both really wanted to go to Hawaii, but we're obviously not made of money, so we cant quite afford that right now. We are definitely going somewhere with a lot of beaches and blue skies though! :)

Since I've been doing the Biggest Loser at work, I've lost about 5 pounds. About 1lb a week. Not too bad. Better than gaining a few pounds a week like I have been doing! Some of my coworkers have been losing 4-6 pounds a week! These are the people that can spend 2 hours at the gym everyday. I'm a bit on the lazy side! :) My original goal was to be down 20 by our wedding, but I'd be happy with 15. We'll see! My dress came in this week, so I'm excited to go in and try it on! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I hope you don't get snowed in at work! Very exciting that your dress is in already! Can't wait to see you in it. You are going to look amazing.