Friday, December 5, 2008

A huge loss

Today was a rough day. My dad's shed burned down last night and he lost everything. It's really sad because he worked so hard to save money for that shed and he was really proud of it. Not to mention its his business and now his job is gone. :( My dad is by far one of the hardest workers I know. And some nights he stays out late in the evening just to get everything done. Luckily he wasnt in the shed at the time. I'm happy that no one was hurt, and I hope to God that this wasn't an intentional fire. I was so shocked when I heard the news. I feel so bad for my dad :( Why do bad things have to keep happening?

Derek's grandma also had a stroke last night. She seems to be okay and was released from the hospital today. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and it will all have been a dream.

Now I have to work tonight and all weekend...and thats the last thing I want to do. I guess I just need to be thankful that I have a job...

2 comments:

Katie said...

it looks awful :( It's really really sad. Poor Mom and Dad :(

Sorry to hear about Derek's Grandma, but sounds like she's doing ok...

Jenny said...

So sorry to hear about your dad's shop. Please know that your family has been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard the news.

Sorry to hear about Derek's grandma as well. I hope she continues to improve.