Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is it spring yet?!

It's pretty sad that I'm not really looking forward to Christmas as much this year... not because I dont love this time of year, but because I have to work during the majority of it. BOO. I work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so I miss my moms family Christmas, and I also work 12 hour day shifts on the weekend, so I miss the McNamara side too. Luckily, my family decided to have our immediate family Christmas on the 25th after I get off work, otherwise I'd be pretty depressed this year I think! Derek works day shifts on Christmas too, so at least we'll be able to see each other. It wouldnt be so bad if I had missed out last year too when we went to Missouri to spend the holidays with Derek's family. At least there will be snow this year! There wasnt any snow in Missouri and it was warm out! Didnt feel like Christmas at all! (until we had to stay a couple days later because of the blizzards back home!)

I decided to finish my Christmas shopping after work Saturday morning since the mall opened at 8am. I was hoping to beat the snow, but I didnt. The snow was blowing everywhere and I almost got rear-ended on the highway because you couldnt see the person in front of you. This is exactly why I hate winter. I had one more gift to buy, but at the time I just wanted to make it home! Needless to say, I havent left the house since!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have not left the house since Friday evening! I think I am going to try to brave it today so I can finish my darn shopping! Have to do it at some point anyway!

Jenny said...

I hear ya! I am already sick of the cold & the snow, and it's only December! Remind me - why do we live in this state? I did not leave the house at all this weekend, and I'm hoping to finish my Christmas shopping tonight after work.