Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The beginning of something new

Hello! It's been a LONG time since I've had a blog, but thought I'd start up again! It's hard to believe I'm actually finding time to do this with everything I have going on, but I'll try to keep up with it!

My life is pretty crazy right now. Derek proposed to me in June, so I've been busy with all of the wedding planning, and I'm learning very quickly that weddings are not cheap! Along with the wedding planning, I'm working full time as a registered nurse on a monitored cardiac surgery floor. I love my job, and although it can be very busy at times, I know that I have the perfect career for me. My coworkers are great, which definitely helps! :) It's hard to believe I've been a nurse since February already! Time sure does fly by!

Also, for those of you who havent heard (if you've seen my facebook or myspace site, it would be extremely difficult for you not to know!) I became an Auntie for the first time this April! Maralyn Elizabeth Booth is by far the happiest baby I have ever met! Not to mention the CUTEST! ;) I never knew how great it would be to be an aunt! I absolutely love it! It's so fun to watch Mara grow up, and its hard to believe she is 7 months old already! I'll post pictures of her later! As if I didnt want to be a mommy enough already, she definitely makes me even more excited to have my own little one someday :)

Other than that, I'm also back in school. Yippee! I decided I better just get it over with! I currently have my 2-year nursing degree, so I'm finishing my bachelors degree now. I figured since Mayo is paying for it, I cant really pass it up! Plus, if I ever wanted to work anywhere else, it's definitely a plus to have a 4-year degree. I apparently really enjoy being super busy all of the time. My days off of work are rarely relaxing, since I have a million other things I need to be doing! Oh well, keeps me out of trouble I guess! ;)

Besides the craziness, I cant really complain. I never dreamed I'd be where I am at 23 years old. I found the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with, I have a career that has a million possibilities, and pretty much guarantees me a job for life, and I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for. I am so blessed.

No comments: