Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The joys of wedding planning...

I have been very productive the last two days! We have tuxes and flower girl dresses picked out, and flowers as well! I was surprised by how picky Derek was when it came to the tuxes! I guess they gave him too many choices! He wanted them to be different and didnt want to be too "boring" if thats even possible. The flower girl dress is so cute! I cant wait to see the little ones in it. The flowers were probably the most frustrating part. According to the experts, teal isnt a very easy color to work with. They originally wanted me to have all white flowers... umm...white dress, white flowers?! I finally convinced her that I wanted at least a little bit of color, but they are going to be a lot different than what I originally thought I'd have. They will hopefully still look great. Who would've known that choosing flowers would be such a process!!!

Other news.. Derek and I have been looking online at houses for sale in NW Rochester. Just to see what was out there and what to expect for prices in our area. We hadnt found anything that we really liked, until last week. Derek fell in love with a house and had to show me the pictures right away. It was a very nice house and pretty much had everything we were looking for, except the price was quite a bit higher than what I wanted to spend...and...its in Byron. After growing up in a small town, I did not plan to live in a town any smaller than Rochester. I was even thinking about moving to a suburb of the cities at one point. If I ever moved out of Rochester, I just assumed I'd be moving to a bigger city, not a smaller one. Our lease isnt up until the end of July, so we have just been looking online to get an idea. But now Derek wants to live in Byron. Part of me thinks its because he moved so much growing up, that this is the longest he has spent in one town and hes getting bored. Hes even talking about his sons playing sports for small town schools.. this boy has so many dreams!!! There are so many changes happening in my life right now I feel like I can barely keep up! So many decisions to make. Buying a house is a big step. And as easy as it is to keep renting, we're paying almost as much as we would for a house payment, and everyone keeps telling me that now is the time to buy.

Planning a wedding, saving up for a honeymoon, buying a house, going to school...what am I getting myself into!?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yep...boys always have big dreams! Sometimes you just need to focus on one thing at a time though. Planning a wedding will get stressful enough! Glad to hear that you are making good progress with the wedding planning!

Katie said...

Good luck with the flowers, Mom told me a bit about it, and I think they sound nice!!

Funny, we've thought about Byron! I'd kind of like Mara to go to a smaller school. Jay always said that Rochester was too small as it is, but I think he might give in :) Maybe we saw one of the same houses, I've looked at a few online ;)

Jenna said...

I have no idea what we can afford, and I was hoping we'd be focusing more on the wedding planning right now...but of course that stuff is boring for Derek so he wants to focus on the honeymoon and the house hunting!

Katie, I'll have to show you the picture of the house. He even had to drive me there to see it yesterday so I could see the neighborhood and everything! Some people he works with live in Byron and said the area is great and they really like the school. That would be crazy if we were looking at the same house! haha. We wont be moving anytime soon though!

Michelle said...

Wow...you two are going to end up being neighbors!