Friday, January 23, 2009

The perfect house!

Derek and I have been talking about buying a house, and since I have been so busy with school and wedding planning, I've put the idea out of my mind for a while. Derek decided that between wedding planning and moving, his two jobs are planning the honeymoon and watching for the perfect house to go on the market. I got the news a couple of days ago that the house has been found!

Its a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors in the kitchen and dining room, attached garage, etc. It has everything we are looking for. And, its in Byron. I've decided to be more open to the idea of moving out of Rochester. After talking to people at work who live in Byron, it sounds like a nice town with a great school. Since Derek was so sure thats where he wanted to live, I decided not to totally push the idea aside. And after seeing this house...I couldnt be more sure!! We obviously have a long way to go though...since we are still in a lease until August. We're hoping to go to the bank to see what kind of loan we can get and make sure we can afford this house before we fall even more in love. And then we have to talk to our landlord to see if there is any way we can get out of the lease early.

There is still a lot of work to do, but we're just happy that we found excactly what we were looking for. Derek and I want the same main things in a house, and since we'd like to live in our first home for many years, we would like to live somewhere where we could eventually raise a family :) Its a big step, but I'm so excited about it!

5 comments:

Katie said...

you should send me a link, I have a feeling this is a house I had looked at too! LOL..

Katie said...

and by look at, I just mean look at online... ;)

Jenna said...

Uh oh! We're going to end up wanting the same house!!?

Katie said...

don't worry...we won't be moving for awhile! I just like to look to see what's out there!

Michelle said...

Now would be a great time to buy if you guys can afford it and everything. Be thankful you don't have to worry about selling! It's the perfect time to be in your situation. Cheap houses and low interest rates!