Monday, January 5, 2009

There's always next year...

So the weekend is over...already. Why does it seem like my weekends off always fly by?!

I was the biggest loser of the week during the week of Christmas! At first I was shocked, but then I remembered that I worked that whole week, so I wasn't tempted by as many sweets! So far I have lost almost 7 lbs! Woo hoo.

I had every intention to work out and get a lot of stuff done this weekend, but I ended up spending the weekend on the couch watching football! We went to Bens house (one of Dereks coworkers) for the game on Sunday, and ate pizza and cheered our butts off for the Vikings, and of course...they lost. As soon as Philly came back and scored a touchdown, there was complete silence in the room.. and that NEVER happens when we're around this group of guys! It was a huge let down, and now the famous words of a Vikings fan.."theres always next year."
Bring on the Twins!

After the game, Derek and I went to Heather and Brandons to play games. We had a lot of fun, even though we didnt get home until about 3:30 this morning!! I learned a new game, and then the boys of course wanted to play monopoly, which is the longest game EVER!! The boys both lost right away, and by about 3 am, Heather and I decided to just call it a tie and end the game. We would've been there for hours, and Heather had to work in the morning. I love game nights...we had a blast. Heather is 6 months pregnant and looks so cute! I love pregnant bellies!

I did manage to get some scrapbooking done this weekend. I really hope I can get this book done before the wedding! A little over 4 months to go!! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

my favorite Vikings saying is "this is just a re-building year" haha. I use that one every year!

Wow, you had time to scrap? That's awesome. I need to get my scrap stuff organized so that I can actually get something done too!!

Oh, and I can't stand Monopoly!

Jenna said...

haha its my least favorite game, but we made the mistake of letting the guys choose the second game! I kicked their butts though so I guess it was worth it!

I have to get all of my scrapbook stuff organized because I have stuff laying out everywhere. I got quite a bit done though! I was impressed!